UCLA Medical Center Thoracic Oncology Center
Address: 10833 LeConte Ave. Los Angelas, CA 90095
The UCLA Medical Center is an important health resource for the Southern California community not only because of the world class hospital facilities but also the revolutionary Thoracic Oncology Center. They offer a variety of services for patients and families which can assist in the transition to living and battling with cancer.
Patient support services are available at many cancer centers now. What makes the UCLA center unique is the holistic approach that they take to families and patients dealing with cancer. Traditional support programs are helpful in that they allow the patient the forum to process openly their feelings about the disease and how it will affect their lives. What the holistic approach helps to do is integrate traditional support systems such as support groups and integrate them with yoga and mental health exercises that emphasize whole-body health.
Among other novel programs offered by the UCLA facility are the programs for young adults dealing with difficult disease and woman groups which forge solidarity and support among patients.
The Thoracic Oncology Center is located within the UCLA Medical Plaza.
From the San Diego Freeway/I-405
- Use Wilshire Boulevard East Exit
- Continue east three blocks to Westwood Boulevard.
- Turn left on Westwood Blvd.
- Continue north five blocks to UCLA Medical Plaza,
- The Medical Plaza parking structure can be entered from both Gayley Avenue and Westwood Blvd.
From Los Angeles International Airport (LAX):
- Use the San Diego Freeway/I-405 northbound, exit at Wilshire Boulevard E. and continue as described above.
The UCLA Medical Center feels that one of the most important aspects of holistic cancer care is the presence of family and other support. To help make this easier the UCLA offers assistance in finding accommodation by contacting patient services. UCLA also offers a one-hundred room hotel on its site that is frequented by patient families. Please contact patient services for more information on alternative accommodations.
UCLA Tiverton House
900 Tiverton Avenue
Los Angeles CA, 90024
- Please contact the UCLA Tiverton House for information regarding specific rates and room availability.
Last modified: December 24, 2010.