Dana Farber Cancer Center
Address: 44 Binney Street Boston, MA 02115
The Dana Farber Institute offers several resources to make their patients stay and visit to the area easier and more comfortable. Among the many services they operate is a free flight program to transport their patients to Boston from afar. Operating with two separate services that operate independently, these flights are helpful for patients who don't have the time or financial resources to reach the best cancer centers.
Angel Flight is a non-profit organization committed to helping patients of terminal illnesses and their families reach the best possible care. Since its founding 1996, the service has provided more than 4,800 flights. Nearly half of these flights were provided to child patients. These flights would not be possible without the help of nearly 500 pilots and other in flight staff who volunteered their time and expertise to help these patients reach the care they deserve.
Corporate Angel Network is a charity based organizations that organizes flights for advanced illness patients using empty seats on corporate flights. Based out of White Plains, New York the 23 year old service provides more than 1,200 flights a year for patients to reach appropriate care facilities.
From the North
- Via I-93, the Tobin Bridge/Rte. 1, and Rte. 28
- Follow signs towards Storrow Drive West
- Continue for 1.5 miles, take exit to the left "Kenmore Square/Fenway, Rte. 1S," keeping in far left lane as you drive up the ramp.
- At the first light, bear right on Boylston St. (outbound)
- Continue as the road merges onto Brookline Ave.
- At the fourth traffic light, turn left on Longwood Ave.
- Take first right on Binney St.
- The main entrance and parking garage are on the right.
- Follow signs for Sumner tunnel, taking an immediate right for Storrow Dr. at the end of the tunnel.
- Keep in right lane within the ramp.
- Use exit for Storrow. This will put you in left lane of merging traffic.
- Veer back into one of the two right lanes to stay on Storrow. Continue as described above
From Logan Airport
From the South Via Southeast Expressway /I-93, Route 3 North)
- Use exit 16, Andrew Square.
- At light at top of ramp, turn left.
- At fourth traffic signal, turn left on Melnea Cass Blvd.
- Continue for 0.9 miles to 7th light, turning left on Tremont St. At first intersection (Boston Police Station on the corner),
- Turn right onto Ruggles St.
- At third traffic signal, turn left on Huntington Ave.
- Following passing the Massachusetts College of Art, turn right at light onto Longwood Ave.
- At second light, turn left on Binney St. The main entrance and parking garage are on the right.
Using Routes 1, 28, and 138
- From Rte. 1, continue straight to Jamaica Way.
- Using Rte. 28 and 138, take Morton Street for 1.3 miles to Arborway rotary.
- Continue on Arborway for 1 mile to Jamaica Way rotary.
- Continue on Jamaica Way for 2.2 miles to Brookline Avenue.
- Turn right, then right again on Francis St. at first light.
- Take next left on Binney Street, at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Dana-Farber's main entrance and parking garage are on the left after the stop sign.
From the West
- Using Massachusetts Turnpike I-90/downtown Boston
- Mass. Pike to exit 22, Copley Square/Prudential Center,
- Bearing left toward Prudential, Merge left on Huntington Ave.
- Follow straight for 1.3 miles.
- After passing the Massachusetts College of Art, turn right at light on Longwood Ave.
- At second traffic signal, turn left on Binney St.
- The Dana Farber main entrance and parking garage are on the right.
Via the Massachusetts Turnpike/I-90/Brighton
- Take the Mass. Pike to exit 18, Cambridge/Allston.
- Following the toll, continue right toward Cambridge
- At second light, passing Doubletree Hotel on the right, go right on Storrow Drive East.
- Go approximately one mile and exit at Kenmore Sq.
- Continue left and go up ramp toward Fenway, Rte. 1 South
- At first traffic signal, bear right on Boylston St.(outbound) and continue straight as road merges onto Brookline Avenue.
- At fourth traffic signal, turn left on Longwood Avenue
- Take first right on Binney Street.
- The Dana Farber main entrance and parking garage are on the right
Using Rte. 9/Massachusetts Turnpike/ I- 95/Rte. 128 to Rte. 9
- Take Mass. Pike/I-90 East to 95/128 South.
- Follow to exit 20A, Rte. 9 East toward Brookline/Boston.
- Continue approximately 6 miles to Brookline Village, moving into the left lane when passing Dunkin' Donuts on right.
- At the traffic signal for Brookline Ave, there will be a gas station on your left and the Brook House apartments on the right.
- Turn left on Brookline Ave. Stay in right lane as you continue for a half-mile.
- Turn right on Francis Street at third light.
- Take next left onto Binney Street at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Dana-Farber's main entrance and parking garage are on the left, after stop sign.
Dana Farber believes that one of the most important support systems a patient can have is not one we can provide, but is the presence of family and friends. That is why Dana Farber has teamed up with local hotels and accommodation facilities to provide patient's families a comfortable place to stay in the area. Special medical rates are available for those who are supporting Dana Farber patients. Some in the Brookline area include the following.
1085 Beacon St.
Brookline, MA 02446
1087 and 1750 Beacon St.
Brookline, MA 02446
Beech Tree Inn
83 Longwood Avenue
Brookline, MA 02446
Peter Bent Guest House
698 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
For specific information regarding medical rates, please contact these hotels.
Last modified: December 24, 2010.